CALL BACK REQUEST
Current Affairs December 2018
1. To reduce its emissions per unit of GDP by 33 to 35 per cent by the year 2030 compared to the 2005.
2. At least 40 per cent of its total electricity till the year 2030 will be generated through renewable sources of energy and which will create around 2.5 to 3 billion tones of additional carbon sinks.
About Green Climate Fund (GCF):
About Paris Agreement:
The aims of Paris Agreement: 1. Keeping the global temperature rise this century well below 2o Celsius above the pre-industrial level. 2. To limit the temperature increase even further to 1.5o Celsius. 3. Strengthen the ability of countries to deal with the impacts of climate change.
Issues related to the Paris Agreement:
Qatar has recently announced its withdrawal from Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries OPEC.Causes behind Qatar’s withdrawal:
Impact on global oil prices and on India:
A Soyuz rocket carrying Russian, American and Canadian astronauts took off from Kazakhstan and has reached orbit, in the first manned mission since a failed launch in October.Key points:
ISRO’s heaviest and most advanced communication satellite GSAT-11 was recently launched from the Guiana Space Centre at Kourou in French Guiana.
TOPIC: GS III, ACHIEVEMENTS OF INDIANS IN SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY; INDIGENIZATION OF TECHNOLOGY AND DEVELOPING NEW TECHNOLOGY 27. ExseedSAT 1, India’s 1st Private Satellite Source: Times of India Why in news:
With the launch of ExseedSAT 1, Exseed Space has become the first Indian privately-funded startup to successfully send a satellite into space.
1. How far can be abolition of capital punishment in India can be justified? Critically analyse the arguments in favour and against the issue highlighting recommendations of various committees.
2. Critically analyse the arguments in favour of and against the Women Reservation Bill. Suggest measures to make women representation more comprehensive in the parliament.
3. Critically analyse the recently launched witness protection scheme. Do you think that witness protection regime in India is strong? Highlight major recommendations of various committees regarding.
4. Discuss the recent changes made under Maternity benefit amendment act 2017. Highlight the positive and negative impacts of the amendment.
5. Despite taking a number of steps for enhancing nutrition level in India, its performance has remained low. Critically analyse the causes of it while highlighting India’s performance in the Global nutrition report 2018.
6. While going through its deportation policy, India also has to take care of not only the humanitarian aspects but also its national security as well as external interests. Critically analyse this statement in the context of the issue of deportation of Rohingya community from India.
7. India has attempted to secure its interests at the time when the world is divided into a number of groups. Critically analyse this statement in the context of recent G 20 summit.
8. Critically analyse the shift in the policy of European Union towards India highlighting its recently released new strategy paper. What are the causes behind this move?
9. Paris agreement is a landmark and an ambitious step towards preventing global warming and climate change yet its implementation seems questionable. Discuss.